Thursday, June 20, 2013

Making Strides

Striding across this earth; flowers or foils in our steps. We strive to leave things better than found, finding faces strange and familiar, fearful and friendly.
It's my own face I wish to find. Food, strangely, is the thing I fight to find that reflection.

Tired and satisfied, I fear all there is today to share is a bit of recipe goodness. A good meal shared with friends to be further spread and grow into something greater. Perhaps it can be bettered or simply shared, around a table with friends akin. I guess it all comes to where we choose to rest our feet.

Summer solstice, you arbitrary date, I will dine al fresco upon my own timing and savor the waning light of warm summer night. And on the menu? Kale Salad, Grilled Pizzettes, Grilled chicken thighs and vegetables - skewered - and sweet roast peaches
Sweetness is something all afford...

Kale Salad


  • 2 cups Kale, de-veined and massaged soft
  • 1/2 pound snap peas, juliened thin
  • a handful tomatoes - cherries - halved

 
  • Tossed with minty vinaigrette... A mix of Fresh mint, Honey, Lime juice, and spices; Salt, pepper, mustard seed, and really whatever you like to taste.



Served cold for four, but make extra - you'll want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment