Sunday, June 30, 2013

Early Risers

There is a world awake
And a world at rest - before me is one and behind me the  rest
Respectively

Its not for scorn but may once have been
Nor is it in fear, however clear its head rear
I profess though, I'm still unclear.


I question wisdom and those said wise
resting early and early to rise
for I am a fool and live in such time

But the world exposed I know eventually
will compose


The Things to discover beneath morning's cover

Anyhow, a food filled weekend of mixed flavors and occasional bad taste (par for the course, however many there are); mouth filled with laughter; lingering memories on long ago...
A weekend to cook and think. Here, some of the better thoughts:

Soba Noodles, tossed with Greens
 Warmed with Stir fried Tofu and Shrimp.
 Dressed with :Lime Juice, Fish sauce, Scallions slivered and cilantro chopped. Sesame oil - hot - and the  occasional beet sliced slim.









Umami, named thus
Warm and Savory Soba Salad

Bread, not such success, but all is not just and war and love. Foods' fight with this heart rages on and my love persists. The next loaf will be high-risen
Maybe my mind and heart one week closer to a better world - more light.

No comments:

Post a Comment