Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Difficulties of Simplicity

Why is simple so severe in a world which spins and spins
I feel some days like a bearing, without a wheel
Watching the spin and senseless to its force
centripetal.

It's been a week without remorse, unrelenting and retreating too slowly for my taste. Instead of something simple, eating is for me a serious task.
To have something comforting but not plain, that may seem daunting. Truly, however, such a dinner can be so easily found in a refrigerator well fed by farm share freshness. I've truly become fond of sauteed greens and eggs, perched atop hearty bread and recently I've begun to rediscover English Muffins as well. Weekend goal: Bake my own. In the time until: Thomas' Banana Bread edition.
You read that right - Banana, Eggs, Greens... So Right!

Simple supper - 6/26


Sweet onions, some garlic, grainy mustard - sweat down. Added: Kohlrabi, Swiss Chard, Slivered Beets (don't crowd!) Fried Eggs set atop, toasted muffin beside. Dining Al Fresco...
I promise (to me) I will thrive (waiting to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment