Monday, June 17, 2013

A Little Bavarian Summer

I loved Germany upon my visit there two years ago. Skeptical: forever. Seeing: believing. I tasted a culture and saw its proprietors for what they were - different - not wrong.

Beautiful days dotted by rain drops
Sunshine seeking soils sewn green and grand
Sweet and staffed, a Bavarian people
Fed well, rightly so, by river-fed ranges
Pastures and mountain snows
Sunsets crawling across from high to low
Breakfast to dinner; falling snow.

Some days live in memory and others in infamy alone. With a summer sun, hot and slow, among the first truly  summer days passed...
I think back to simplicity but today without the noodles of seeming eternity I ate, unfailingly, while there.

To the sounds of American Bluegrass I improvise: Bavarian bratwurst, pretzels, speatzel, and cabbage...
Try Chicken Sausage, grilled vegetables, Sourdough, and me.

To cap off a day kept free, Eat simply, read a book, and try to breathe...
So I remind myself, and frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment