Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gifts... Gifts? Gifts!

Simple Gifts that is... Yes a wonderful farm so near to my apartment I can taste it - tasted it in my latest quick bread and recent dinners.

I know it's always what they say: the simple things in life matter most. Picking fruit in a field, the song of rustling leaves, and stains from fresh ruby colored strawberries all over your hands. Perhaps it's a sign that life is simpler than even the simple one I've so long led. Wake, Eat, Run, Sleep. Better perhaps is to Wake, Eat, Live, Sleep. yes, with summer I have no more time than I did during the hectic semester months but so do I hope to appreciate the time more. Wishful thinking? i prefer mind over matter - over manner really.
I would be running, yes, were it not for these wobbly knees and cold rainy breeze pervading New England this week but I can't complain, really.
For once I think I've enjoyed a day just for me, not in spite of the way I've come to be.

Baking, Cooking, Picking, and Exploring my locale: life as it should be. Here are a few tidbits to chew on for now and the next thoughts, between.

Strawberry Quick Bread, Cinnamon and Crunchy:
Corn meal, Whole Wheat, Apple Sauce, Berries
Oats and Lime, Brown Sugar
Baked up fine













And it won't last long..

Supper Saute and...
Seasond simply by garlic, fresh herbs, some pepper
Eggs atop
Garlicky Greens
and Signature Sourdough toast






Simple summer suppers:
Fresh and sweet, not oil-laden-sickly-setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment