Thursday, August 8, 2013

Progressions

Thinking then thoughts
Things which were
I slept, now stir
Good ideas to things that were
All of life is a change from there to here
I Present pursue the way things were

Food fights, I fidget
Harbor gripes
I'll one day get with it
But for now, feeling without
I cook to remember
Not the taste of my cake - for I dare not eat it
But the reasons for which I fight this mistake
Mighty misgivings - food for thought
Something I now must enjoy
Or, in least, just take.

Take a bite of Biscotti - Crispy almost Grainy
A recipe to work on: Gluten free and hard-won
Speckled with Chcoolate, Diced Figs, and little bits
Rice flour, Sorghum, Cornmeal, and so crumbly!
Sad to say, the least of these recipes...
SO far...
 I'll next add more sugar, lose Cornmeal, bake shorter.

Next and well made, but too rich to this current state
Green pesto, Arugula's manifesto
Walnuts, Evoo, that tender Green (Arugula I mean)
and roasted garlic.
I borrowed a it to make Peach-topped toasts
I'll next add more garlic, half roast...

Finally, and simplest of all;
My favorite make this week was
Figs soaked and sweet
Jarred in reduced Chardonay simmered down
a splash of Agave, and herbs from the garden:
A little Rosemary, what little Lavender.
I'll serve it with Chevre
If it lasts so long...


No comments:

Post a Comment