Monday, August 12, 2013

Blunt

I'll be Frank.
My name is Ben. I study the biology of plants and for an interest in the subjects of food, hunger, and all things masticated.
Why do I have that interest? Well, I am Italian. I love to please, serve, impress, and perfect. I love science and have long dreamed of life as a restaurateur. It all began with an article on Wheat Rust, one on Cassava as a staple grain, and the Culinary institute of America set down the road.
Most realistically, I am an Anorexic; fighting the need to run and ride. I have had Anorexia Athletica for, perhaps, four years now. It all began...
Well I know when. Little matters it to you. Really, little matters it to me.
What matters is that I'm finally in a place where I can see - at least in the mirror - the real me.
It will be long and slow, but a marching I will go.

Marching with a desire to eat and a strong stomach decidedly against it.
No
A poisoned eye too small for my stomach
Until Pretzels are involved - my gateway Nosh


But here's my weekend food for thought. Maybe you'll find it fair and take a share.
Latkes and Zucchini Cakes.
The former shallow fried, the latter baked.
Sad evidence for the rectifying power of hot oil and flour...

Thank you Bon Apetit. For a change, I finally followed a recipe of yours

No comments:

Post a Comment